Okay I wanted to share with you some of the amazing food I have been eating on Core de Force. I love that we get to eat so much yummy food on this program:)
- we did modify the recipe a little, so I will tell you what I changed in the recipe as we go!
Serves 2 (with leftovers)–I doubled the recipe
2 tablespoons cooking fat-we used coconut oil
1/2 C diced onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
3 cups diced seeded tomatoes (about 3 large tomatoes)
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, 1 inch diced
2 cups green beans, cut-* didn’t add in my dish
1 1/2 cups medium diced zucchini-*
1 1/2 cups medium diced yellow squash-*I added butternut squash
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes- I didnt add any
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 to 2 Tablespoons minced fresh basil leaves
I served it over spaghetti squash and the boys had it over brown rice.
- In a large pot, heat the cooking fat on medium-high heat and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan,
- Add onions, garlic, oregano, and thyme to the pot and cook until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken to the pot (we didn’t add until later) and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes have softened 3 to 4 minutes. IF you use can diced tomatoes- don’t drain them just throw in and stir.
- Add in vegetables -green beans, zucchini, and squash.
- Cook and stir until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the chicken is cooked through (no pink in the center). I grilled my chicken and added the chicken in now.
- Add spices- red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and sprinkle on the basil. Stir in spices for about 30 seconds to incorporate, and serve immediately.
Side note: I had to pick up my boys from CCD so I put the pot with the lid on (oven safe) into the over at 375 and left the house for about 25 minutes and when I came home it was done and SOOO good!