|Rise and Shine its Workout Time!|
|Streamed My Workouts on my iPad!|
|Prepping my lunch for the week|
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil, divided use
- 1 (13.66-oz.) can unsweetened organic lite coconut milk
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, divided use
- 4 tsp. finely chopped lime zest
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro; reserve a small amount for garnish
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- Place half of cauliflower in food processor; pulse until cauliflower is chopped into pieces about the size of rice. Repeat with the other half. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add cauliflower; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, coconut, and 3 Tbsp. lime juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 12 minutes, or until tender and liquid evaporates.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, and salt; cook for 2 minutes, or until lime juice evaporates.
- Divide evenly into eight serving bowls; garnish evenly with cilantro.
Don’t Buy Beachbody’s Country Heat Workout (Until You Read This)
Im excited to take a break from my weights and give my body a rest with this low impact workout! I already tried out the first day and broke out quite the sweat and burned a ton of calories! I loved how I was able to follow the moves despite my lack of dancing skills!
This is the total package!! Trust me, you want the support from others just like you. I know when I started with my journey it was so beneficial for me to have other women that I could ask questions, could tell me to go workout when I didn’t feel like it and they would help me stay on track with my nutrition.
This past week I attended my first ever Beachbody Coach Summit! I was over whelmed with excitement. I had the privilege of listening to other coaches share their stories and tips, workout with 24, 000 other coaches and celebrity trainers as well as be recognized on stage for our teams success!
I walked across stage in the Bridgestone Arena in front of 24,000 other coaches in Nashville, Tennessee. I have to be honest when i say I was totally nervous. Im just a regular girl just like anyone else that wanted to lose weight and feel better. Never in million years did I think I would be recognized for the success of our team! A lot of people might think that Im lucky or just know a lot of people but the truth is, I’m just a normal girl like anyone else! All I did is make a decision and go for it!
Are you looking to join Team Beachbody For Support and Accountability or to build a business of your own message me at email@example.com or complete a coach application here to join my August New Coach University.
Why does losing those last 10 pounds have to be so hard? UGHHHHHHH
Seriously! Whether its in your booty, stomach, waist or legs…sometimes it just sticks there and doesn’t want to leave! For me, I carry my extra weight in my booty and stomach. Which isn’t good because I immediately look 6 months pregnant the minute I gain weight.
|Feel nice and lean here!|
So you basically have two choices…accept that those pounds are going to stick to you like glue OR work your ass off to send them AWAY!! I personally choose the second one because NOTHING feels better than being healthy and fit!
I know its my fault when I gain weight and I know exactly why I gain that weight. I have a few cookies there, some cocktails every weekend, a cheeseburger here and there and before I know it..my shorts don’t zip up! Yikes!
So what do I do to break this cycle?
1. Create a plan– This Monday I created my meal plan for the week. I don’t make anything to complicated…I like to stick to the same recipes most of the time but I also try to try one new recipe each week. Sometimes its a sweet treat thats on my meal plan and sometimes its dinner. When I have everything planned out, I am more like to stay on track.
- Im tired
- I have stuffy nose
- my friend is town
- my child woke me up all night
- blah blah blah
Just because you’re eating clean doesn’t mean you can’t have fun his weekend! You have to LIVE and ENJOY life right? But with that being said–everything in moderation! You don’t want to un do all your hard work!
Here are some tips to help you enjoy your weekend while staying on track and reaching your goals.
1. Enjoy that special treat!- Whether its that yummy dessert that your mom makes or that special food that you just can’t live without—ENJOY IT!! But, with that being said, don’t go over board! Also remember that it is just for this one day. Don’t let a cheat meal turn in to a cheat day or a cheat weekend! Moderation is key!
2. Eat before you go!– Dont show up to a party STARVING!! This is the worst thing you can do because you’ll be tempted to eat all the dips and treats that are not part of your meal plan. I like to eat before I go or have my protein shake. This way, when I get there Im not hungry and can wait till the main meal.
3. Bring your own healthy side– Find a yummy recipe you can bring to the party like this South Western Rice and Bean Salad or a refreshing fruit salad. This way you know there will be at least one thing you can munch on to keep you satisfied with out having the guilt and calories!
4. Get your workout in!!– If you know you’re going to have that extra cheat meal that day be sure to get your work out in! This is NOT the day you want to rest. So wake up early and get your sweat on. It will make you feel better too knowing that you got that done before all the fun!
5. Choose healthier cocktails– Try your best to stay away from those sugary drinks like margaritas and frozen drinks. One of my favorite cocktails is Titos Vodka, Sugar free lemonade and some club soda. I like to throw in some fresh fruit to jazz it up like some strawberries and blueberries.
6. Stay hydrated!– Make sure youre drinking plenty of water through out the day. I recommend drinking half your body weight in water. Bring it with you wherever you go to make sure you are staying hydrated. I like water bottles that have a straw…for some reason it always helps me drink more!
7. Pack healthy snacks– If you’re headed out of town for the long weekend, make sure you prepare by taking along some healthy options. I like packing a cooler with yummy snacks like cucumber and hummus, fresh fruit, shakeology and nuts. Be sure to check out this list for more healthy snack ideas.
No Oreos, no chips, no pirate booty…..What will you possibly eat when on this plan?
Here are 10 of my favorite snacks to help you get through the day.
Eating clean does not have to be complicated and when you follow this plan its all portioned out for you. When you prepare what snacks youre going to eat, it really helps prevent you from going through that drive through on those busy days!
1. Greek yogurt with grapes- Mix Greek yogurt and grapes. For a cooler treat freeze the grapes. 1 red, 1 purple
2. Cucumbers with hummus – I really like English cucumbers because there is no need to peel them. Equals 1 green, 1 blue
3. Carrots and guacamole – Grab the carrot chips and the single portioned out guacamole.Equals 1 green, 1 blue
4. Almond butter and whole grain waffle- Heres a yummy snack that will curb that sweet tooth and keep you full. Equals 1 yellow, 1 blue
5. 2 Hard boiled eggs- I slather on the hot sauce and some spicy mustard and they are delish! Equals 1 red
6. Banana Ice Cream- Freeze a banana and blend in the blender with a bit of almond milk. Freeze in the freezer…so yummy! Equals 1 purple
7. Kale Chips- Another one of my faves…the healthiest green potato chip you will ever eat. De-stem and tear kale into bite size pieces, then add a tsp of extra virgin olive oil. Lay pieces flat on a cookie sheet sprinkle with your favorite spices. I like cayenne pepper. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Equals
8. Pop Corn- Love this one! Add yummy toppings to fresh popped pop corn like cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Equals 3 cups = 1 yellow
9. Tuna and hot sauce- I know it sounds weird but the hot sauce takes all the fishiness away! Equals 1 red
10. Baked apple– Core and then cut your apple in half, dust with cinnamon. Place on baking sheet center side up at 400° for 15 minutes or until the apple becomes slightly tender. Equals
|Southwestern Rice and Bean Salad|
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: None
Yield: 8 servings, about 1 cup each
2 cups cooked brown rice (or other cooked whole grain)
1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained, rinsed
2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
1 medium tomato, finely chopped
3 green onions, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup white wine vinegar
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 medium jalapeño, finely chopped (or cayenne pepper to taste)
1 tsp. mild chili powder
1. Combine rice, beans, corn, tomato, green onions, oil, vinegar, cilantro, jalapeño, and chili powder in a large serving bowl; mix well.
2. For best flavor, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.