I just love being in the kitchen whipping up yummy dinners and treats! The best is when I find a dessert that fits right into my meal plan. I love sweets and this sweet treat is one that you don’t have to feel guilty about when eating. And the best part is my kids gobbled them up too! Well, it was a good thing till I went to eat one and they were gone haha!
Chocolate Cherry Froyo Cups
3/4 cup of raw cashews
3/4 cup of pitted dates
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 cups of reduced fat plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup of raw honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp of coacoa powder
1 cup fresh or frozen pitted cherries
- Lightly coat 12 muffin cups with spray. I love using the silicone trays.
- Place cashews, dates and salts in food processor and pulse till you have a fine crumb.
- Divine evenly into muffin pan. Pack firmly.
- Clean food processor.
- combine yogurt, honey, extract, and coacoa powder in food processor and mix.
- Add cherries and coarsely chop.
- Fill each muffin cup 1.4 inch below rime with cherry mixture. I like to top each one with a cherry .
- Pop out once frozen and store in zip loc bag!
Anyway, let me know how you like them and if you want more info on our upcoming online fitness challenge that incorporates lots of treats like these apply here!