Just because you’re eating clean doesn’t mean you can’t have fun his weekend! You have to LIVE and ENJOY life right? But with that being said–everything in moderation! You don’t want to un do all your hard work!
Here are some tips to help you enjoy your weekend while staying on track and reaching your goals.
1. Enjoy that special treat!- Whether its that yummy dessert that your mom makes or that special food that you just can’t live without—ENJOY IT!! But, with that being said, don’t go over board! Also remember that it is just for this one day. Don’t let a cheat meal turn in to a cheat day or a cheat weekend! Moderation is key!
2. Eat before you go!– Dont show up to a party STARVING!! This is the worst thing you can do because you’ll be tempted to eat all the dips and treats that are not part of your meal plan. I like to eat before I go or have my protein shake. This way, when I get there Im not hungry and can wait till the main meal.
3. Bring your own healthy side– Find a yummy recipe you can bring to the party like this South Western Rice and Bean Salad or a refreshing fruit salad. This way you know there will be at least one thing you can munch on to keep you satisfied with out having the guilt and calories!
4. Get your workout in!!– If you know you’re going to have that extra cheat meal that day be sure to get your work out in! This is NOT the day you want to rest. So wake up early and get your sweat on. It will make you feel better too knowing that you got that done before all the fun!
5. Choose healthier cocktails– Try your best to stay away from those sugary drinks like margaritas and frozen drinks. One of my favorite cocktails is Titos Vodka, Sugar free lemonade and some club soda. I like to throw in some fresh fruit to jazz it up like some strawberries and blueberries.
6. Stay hydrated!– Make sure youre drinking plenty of water through out the day. I recommend drinking half your body weight in water. Bring it with you wherever you go to make sure you are staying hydrated. I like water bottles that have a straw…for some reason it always helps me drink more!
7. Pack healthy snacks– If you’re headed out of town for the long weekend, make sure you prepare by taking along some healthy options. I like packing a cooler with yummy snacks like cucumber and hummus, fresh fruit, shakeology and nuts. Be sure to check out this list for more healthy snack ideas.