No Oreos, no chips, no pirate booty…..What will you possibly eat when on this plan?
Here are 10 of my favorite snacks to help you get through the day.
Eating clean does not have to be complicated and when you follow this plan its all portioned out for you. When you prepare what snacks youre going to eat, it really helps prevent you from going through that drive through on those busy days!
1. Greek yogurt with grapes- Mix Greek yogurt and grapes. For a cooler treat freeze the grapes. 1 red, 1 purple
2. Cucumbers with hummus – I really like English cucumbers because there is no need to peel them. Equals 1 green, 1 blue
3. Carrots and guacamole – Grab the carrot chips and the single portioned out guacamole.Equals 1 green, 1 blue
4. Almond butter and whole grain waffle- Heres a yummy snack that will curb that sweet tooth and keep you full. Equals 1 yellow, 1 blue
5. 2 Hard boiled eggs- I slather on the hot sauce and some spicy mustard and they are delish! Equals 1 red
6. Banana Ice Cream- Freeze a banana and blend in the blender with a bit of almond milk. Freeze in the freezer…so yummy! Equals 1 purple
7. Kale Chips- Another one of my faves…the healthiest green potato chip you will ever eat. De-stem and tear kale into bite size pieces, then add a tsp of extra virgin olive oil. Lay pieces flat on a cookie sheet sprinkle with your favorite spices. I like cayenne pepper. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Equals
8. Pop Corn- Love this one! Add yummy toppings to fresh popped pop corn like cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Equals 3 cups = 1 yellow
9. Tuna and hot sauce- I know it sounds weird but the hot sauce takes all the fishiness away! Equals 1 red
10. Baked apple– Core and then cut your apple in half, dust with cinnamon. Place on baking sheet center side up at 400° for 15 minutes or until the apple becomes slightly tender. Equals